IN THE WEEKS BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
- Attend one (or more!) of our lantern-making workshops. Dates and times HERE. Bring your friends and family along, it's a great group activity!
- Makers who can come to Bloomfield Centre for Creativity on Easter weekend (March 29, 30, 31, any time between 10 and 5). We’re making two giant puppets, and we’ll need help sewing, painting, doing minor woodworking, etc. We will also have some other building/sewing/making projects that you can help with
- People to help make small lanterns for sale at the festival.
- Walk-through. All parties actively involved in the procession and spectacle (parade marshals, musicians, organizers, installation artists, technicians, etc.) should plan to attend this walk-through. Exact time TBD.
- Musicians – for pre-show at Benson Park and/or to play in the parade and/or to play in Delhi Park. (Note: music director is Pat Larkin - if you know Pat, you can contact him directly)
- Parade Marshals, for the parade and to guide audience into the park – need 6 people.
- Giant Puppet/Large lantern carriers – need 6 to 8 people.
- Crew – Delhi Park set-up and strike, available to start set-up late afternoon and can stay until the very end
- Stage Manager – Delhi Park
- People/groups to provide food/drink for sale at Mary St. parking lot.
- Transportation – should have a van or truck
- Info/security person at Picton Town Hall (our indoor home base). Must return there immediately after the show at Delhi Park.
- Clean-up crew – for Delhi Park and Picton Town Hall.
- Groups or individuals to create light installations in Delhi Park. They’ll need to be set up by 6:30 PM and taken down around 9:30 - 10 pm. Exercise your creativity!
- Photographers. Must be able to shoot in challenging conditions (ie: low light) and provide photos to organizers immediately following festival. Must grant unrestricted use of photos to organizers (credit will be given to photographer wherever possible).
- Clean-up crew to visit parks, return of stuff to various locations.
We welcome your input and ideas of other ways that you can contribute to the festival! Please get in touch if you can help.